Coach Fiegel’s mantra of “Tough Times Don’t Last, Tough People Do” is proving true in the COVID-19 environment. We hope you and your families are all happy, safe, and healthy.
COVID-19 has changed all of our lives. The Walt Fiegel 2020 event is adapting to meet these changes. The objective is to keep everyone safe while saying thanks to friends and sponsors who have supported the Walt Fiegel Foundation for the last 17 years.
The changes for 2020 event are:
- Golf tournament rescheduled from May 9 to July 18 – 11:59AM at Whispering Creek
- Golf entry of $50/person or $200/team
- Golf teams sold via OneCause App
- Credit cards charges for golf will not be processed until July 18
- Pick a putts included in the entry fee with no additional funding requests on course
- No apparel this year
- No prize money as we are playing for fun and helping those in need
- We will have flag prizes
- No dinner will be held the night before the tournament
- We are planning a Friday night pregame party – more info to come
- Walt Week Silent Auction via the OneCause App will begin on Monday, July 13
- Many auction items will be purchased from sponsors as opposed to asking for donations
- Any money that is raised will go to a local charity benefitting COVID related needs
We are proud to announce that 12 scholarships in the amount of $2,000 will be awarded this year. Since 2004, 152 scholarships with a value of $171,000 have been awarded. The money we raise is invested with the Siouxland Community Foundation to perpetuate these scholarships. None of these funds will be touched for any other purpose and will continue to fund scholarships indefinitely.
We will be contacting you in the next few weeks with an email or a text message from the OneCause App with more details.
Your support has been critical to everything we’ve been able to accomplish. We hope to see you on the golf course this year and get back to our normal event and timing in 2021. Stay safe and healthy.